Install Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, run both until you get to the main menu.
If you want to roll your own mod of Unleashed get the source here: thevisad/DayZUnleashed · GitHub Site URL: https://github.com/thevisad/DayZUnleashed you are on your own with this, but it's pretty much pbo the individual folders and follow the directions listed below.
to PBO the source -> CPBO ArmA mods | kegetys.fi Site URL: http://www.kegetys.fi/category/gaming/armamods/
If you are using any other PBO tool then you will likely have issues, this is the only one I have ever used.
Here is the "official" server release and is what is available in the downloaders.
DayZ Unleashed Server Files Site URL: http://www.hngamers.com/resources/dayz-unleashed-server-files.10/
The last version (99) is here with all the updates we made, this is basically a completely different mod then the "official" above and the one I would recommend. If you want the "official" keyed version you will need to download the folder 0.99 from the site with the bisign folders in it. This is the one that is available via our downloader and what Kelley has been playing and used to. These are signed with our keys, so will be considered official if you use our key.
Index of /dayz/unleashed Site URL: https://files.hngamers.com/dayz/unleashed/
Client is @DayZUnleashed.0.99.zip
Download the server file, client file and SQL files and then do the following.
- Install MySQL or MariaDB and set it up properly.
- Create a mysql user called dayzserver@locahost with whatever password
- Create a mysql database called dayzunleashed (or whatever, just remember this for the hiveext.ini file below)
- Import the SQL file into the database
- Extract the contents of the server file and the client file to your "server" install folder.
- Extract the contents of the client file to your "client" install folder.
- Follow the instructions in the rest of the posts in this thread.