1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

map

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Kelley, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Kelley

Kelley Moderator Staff Member

Love the new stuff added to the map. Haven't stayed alive long enough to do any crafting yet. Nice job, thanks.

2. thevisad

thevisad HNGamers - HeadQuarters for all things fun! Staff Member

How are the Ai right now, I know the vehicles are pretty heavy handed at the moment.

3. Kelley

Ummmm, they might need adjustment for newer players but the ai on foot seem to be the biggest threat. I'm having a hard time and I'm fully geared. Momo has played alot too, and he is in the same situation as me. I could tell you more in a couple days.It usually took a couple weeks to die as many times as I have today and I'm not done yet. We can adapt but I'm worried about new players. Hard to balance. I haven't died by ai in a car today. I can't find a safe spot to pitch a tent. The game is intense so I like to have a spot that's safe so I can relax a moment and eat some beans.:) My team-mates haven't returned yet, that will make a difference also. You almost have to team if you want to live.

4. Flattermann

Flattermann Member

surviving has become harder than ever. i got the impression that as soon as i stay longer than 30 seconds in one spot AI will spawn up on me, so making a fire, pitching a tent, building a base seems to be entirely impossible. Or maybe I have just been too close to a town? The AI's skill is not such of a problem though, maybe their accuracy (shooting skills) could be scaled down a bit, with their intelligence staying high.. when they open up on you, you need to be able to at least spot them (especially the sd-equipped) to have a small chance to fight back. Now in many cases you never know what hit you..

As an illustration, my last attempt: Picked the Luzern spawn, spawned on what i thought was a small island NW of it (actually it was N of Lausen), leaped into the sea to swim across, AI spawned behind me, I bled out in the water. Overall survival time: 2 minutes, 30 seconds. :D :D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  5. Kelley

I agree, I have had AI spawn behind me, that's usually the way I die. This was a problem before with the randomly spawning AI. I can hear the AI. in the vehicles and that gives me warning. My radio hasn't worked yet in situations that I thought it should.

6. thevisad

Hmmm, i turned down the Ai skill, it was at 2 and now its at 1. I can turn them down some more as well to test this. I think the issue we are having now is the dynamic spawns. What it is doing is randomly picking players and spawning the Ai around those players, but this presents an issue with fewer players on the servers.

7. Flattermann

Flattermann Member

randomly picking players, hmm, this is actually a pretty sophisticated idea. that explains the frequency of my "encounters", however :) The skill is not the problem with the AI

Kelley likes this.
  8. Momo

Momo Development Team

AI is much harder than before. It feels like there are more than before the update. Also, they don't engage zombies any more, which gave you a fair advance warning in the previous version.

Right now I can't say if we will adapt or not. I had a lot of bad luck thoght, lilke an ai patrol stuck in my base or camping at my base in pitch black night or a chopper crashing in the same tree i was hiding in.

I can handle the uaz patrols though, i actually like them. Skills of the ai is ok too, they are really bad shots sometimes, so I would not turn it further down.

Kelley likes this.
  9. thevisad

Added in the Ai killing the zeds again and made some slight changes to the Ai Skills. Found that there was an issue with the existing skill tree which may have been causing some of the issues with the Ai skills.

10. Flattermann

Flattermann Member

it was pretty good yesterday with more people on the server. the random ai spawn seems to work perfectly .. :D there is one spawn offset on an island N of Lausen, so one has to swim across to the "mainland", like i wrote above (i was not mistaken). ai will spawned there again almost instantly, though this time i made it out alive. now i'm starting to like this spawn location

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014